Note: iOS development is only supported on macOS.
The build dependencies for developing for iOS can be installed directly through the Unity Hub.
- Open the Unity Hub.
- Select Installs.
- Find the Editor you want to add iOS build support to.
- Select the three dots to the right of the version label, then select Add Modules.
- In the Add Modules dialog, locate the iOS Build Support module and tick its checkbox.
- When you have selected all the modules to add, select Done.
Note: If you didn’t install the Editor via the Hub, you will not see the option to Add Modules. To enable this option, install the Editor via the Hub.
Please follow the steps in Setup & installation and additionally select the iOS Build Support module when installing Unity.
Once Xcode is installed, download and install the Command Line Tools for Xcode via the download archive.
If you want to launch your game on a physical device, you need to:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB cable. Accept the Trust This Computer alert if it appears.
- If you want to connect your device to a local deployment, ensure your computer and your mobile device are connected to the same network.
Most of your interactions with the GDK happen inside your Unity Editor. To get started:
- Open your project inside your Unity Editor.
- In your Unity Editor, select Edit > Project Settings > Player. This opens the Project Settings window.
- In the Inspector window, select Settings for iOS (the iPhone icon) > Other Settings.
4 In the Configuration section of the Inspector window, locate Target SDK and select:
- Device SDK, if you want to run your application on a physical device.
- Simulator SDK, if you want to run your application on an iOS Simulator.
- (Optional, if you want to use Unity Remote) Go to Edit > Project Settings > Editor to bring up the Editor Settings window and navigate to the Unity Remote section. Set the Device setting to Any iOS Device.
Unity Remote is Unity's solution for faster mobile development iteration times. Check out Unity's documentation for more information and setup instructions.
Updated about a year ago