The GDK for Unity provides functionality to develop games in both of Unity’s paradigms:
- Object-oriented: MonoBehaviours and GameObjects
- Data-oriented: Entity-Component-System (ECS) - see documentation
You can use either MonoBehaviour-based development, or ECS-based development, or a combination of both.
- Link SpatialOS entities to GameObjects using the GameObject Creation Feature Module.
- Use Readers and Writers to inspect and change the state of components on SpatialOS entities. You do this by adding MonoBehaviours to their linked GameObjects.
- You may find that not all SpatialOS entities need to be represented as GameObjects: you can customize the GameObject creation and linking process.
Updated about a year ago