GDKs for Unreal and Unity
The flexible project layout does not apply to the GDKs for Unreal and Unity. They use the structured project layout.
To migrate a SpatialOS project from the SPL to the FPL, you need to:
- Migrating a SpatialOS project from SPL to FPL is an all or nothing process. A project must either fully follow the SPL format or the FPL format and cannot have partially migrated components.
- We recommend that you back up a copy of your project before you start migrating so that you can recover information from files that you delete as part of the migration process if needed.
- Migrate the build process of your workers by following the steps in Building a worker executable.
- Migrate your workers’ worker configuration files by following the steps in Converting the worker configuration file.
- Delete all previous SPL format configuration files related to the configuration and build process of your workers. Those configuration files include:
If you want to use the Platform SDK, you should not convert your launch configuration file into FPL format. The Platform SDK currently only supports SPL format launch configurations. We will provide an improved workflow in the future.
- Migrate your launch configuration files by following the steps in Converting the launch configuration file.
- Delete your previous SPL format launch configuration file.
- Migrate your project definition file by following the steps in Converting the project definition file.
- Delete your previous SPL format project definition file.
Your project is now in a state where it complies with the FPL and can be run.
- Ensure that your
spatialCLI is up-to-date (run
spatial alpha local launchand verify that your deployment behaves how it did pre-migration.
spatial alpha cloud upload -a <some-assembly-name>and verify that this uploads your project assembly correctly to
https://console.improbable.io/projects/<your-cloud-project-name>/assemblies. Your project assemblies should contain your schema descriptor and a zip file for each worker and each supported platform in your project. Each worker zip file should contain the content from the
localBuildDirectoryfolder of the worker configuration file.
spatial alpha cloud launch -d <your-deployment-name> - a <your-assembly-name>and verify that your deployment behaves how it did pre-migration.
You have successfully migrated your project to the FPL. Congratulations! You now have the freedom to customise your project’s folder structure in ways that were not possible in the SPL.
- You can freely choose where you store your project schema. You just need to make sure that the schema compiler finds all relevant schema files as you generate code or the schema descriptor.
- You can freely choose where you store your worker projects and change the build process. You just need to make sure you update:
- the references to your worker configuration files in your project configuration file
localBuildDirectoryfields in each worker configuration file.
Updated about a year ago